This post was originally featured on Literarily Speaking. You can view it here:
- Stellar Fusion is a blend of science and magic with cyberpunk, apocalyptic and alien elements. It features a military organization that protects all people of Earth, post the Three Hundred Year War. There are no countries, only topographical zones. It follows a female lead and her assigned crew as they do recon on a mysterious ship that appears in orbit, lands massive pillars on the surface of Earth, and steals people in green flashes of light. It’s full of futuristic twists on the classic tale of invasion.
- This book is great for fans of science fiction fantasy with military themes, space battles, empires, romantic moments, moral conflicts, alien languages, and symbolism. There’s a lot of foreshadowing and little pieces that will come out to play later in the series. It’s all about balance: good vs. evil, violence vs. tenderness, guts vs. power, history vs. hope, rule vs. desire, and many more.
- Book one dabbles a lot in what we call lucid dreaming and brings to life the semi-conscious realm of “Ether.” Ether is where secrets come out of hiding, friends are made, and characters can even be killed. Think of entire species with Freddy Krueger’s dream-walking capability. It’s a major component of the plot, so be prepared to phase in and out of the “waking realm.”
- Stellar Fusion is the first book in the Infinite Spark Series, the middle series of the Universal War novels. I started with Infinite Spark because I thought it might be the most interesting to readers. Three books, of the seven planned, are published. While books are written in the other two series (Abaddon’s Edge-series one, Spectral Renegades-series three), I’m focusing a single series at a time. There are details in Infinite Spark that are found in the other series.
- This is my first fiction novel. I come from a background of research papers and would absolutely love feedback/reviews to know how my storytelling and creative style are received by readers.
I had a lot of fun writing Stellar Fusion. I hope you enjoy reading it!
Thanks for having me!